The Nigerian government is responsible for the following:
- Payment of onshore and offshore allowances to the Volunteers.
- Payment of resettlement allowance.
- provsion of return passages to Volunteers. Voluntgeers are however not entitled to baggage allowance.
- Limited fringe benefits such as leave grants.
- In the event of the death of a nuclear family member such as Parents, Spouse or of-spring of a Volunteer, the Government shall be responsible for the passage of the Volunteer from his or her post to Nigeria and back, stricly subject to the prior approval of the Directorate. In line with the practice of the Directorat, it shall as of necessity be represented as the funeral of the deceased.